In the year 1287 count Erkenbert of Staleburgk would not have dreamed of his castle
becoming a "royal" Saxon prison. About 600 years later after dramatic changes in
history it did become one for female inmates. The castle itself is mentioned in documents
of 1244. Throning impressively above a back then small town it eventually became a
widely known landmark in the region. The town as it got bigger was bear the castle's name
Staleburgk until this day - Stollberg.
Times have changed since those days and up to now the Stollberg-castle can look back
on a very intriguing history of its own.
Please see the timetable for more information.